Nevada Statutes 630.161 and 630.2645 2015 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 630 Physicians, Physician Assistants, Medical Assistants, Perfusionists and Practitioners of Respiratory Care
Nevada Revised Statute 630.161Effect of revocation of license in another jurisdiction for gross medical negligence
Nevada Revised Statute 630.2645: Restricted license for graduate of foreign medical school to teach, research or practice medicine at medical research facility or medical
school; expiration, renewal and modification of restricted license.
Except as otherwise provided in NRS 630.161, the Board may issue a restricted license to teach, research or practice medicine to a person if:
(a) The person:
(1) Submits to the Board:
(I) Proof that the person is a graduate of a
foreign medical school, as provided in NRS 630.195;
(II) Proof that the person teaches, researches or practices medicine outside the United States; and
(III) Any other documentation or proof of qualifications required by the Board; and
(2) Intends to teach, research or practice medicine at a medical facility, medical research facility or medical school in this State.
(b) Any other documentation or proof of qualifications required by the Board is authenticated in a manner approved by the Board.
(2). A person who applies for a restricted license pursuant to this section is not required to take or pass a written examination concerning his or her qualifications to practice medicine.
(3) A person who holds a restricted license issued pursuant to this section may practice medicine in this State only in accordance with the terms and restrictions established by the Board.
(4) If a person who holds a restricted license issued pursuant to this section ceases to teach, research or practice medicine in this State at the medical facility, medical research facility or medical school where the person is employed:
(a) The medical facility, medical research facility or medical school, as applicable, shall notify the Board; and
(b) Upon receipt of such notification, the restricted license expires automatically.
(5) The Board may renew or modify a restricted license issued pursuant to this section, unless the restricted license has expired automatically or has been revoked.
(6) The provisions of this section do not limit the authority of the Board to issue a restricted license to an applicant in accordance with any other provision of this chapter.
(7) A restricted license to teach, research or practice medicine may be issued, renewed or modified at a meeting of the Board or between its meetings by the President and the Executive Director of the Board. Such an action shall be deemed to be an action of the Board.(Added to NRS by 2007, 3041; A 2007, 1822; 2013, 2014)
Stem Cell Save The Children, LLC © 2006 All Rights Reserved
Design: TTMAR Consulting